Glad you’re back and ready for the good stuff! Today I’m serving up tips on landing pages, blog-writing pointers for non-writers, my comprehensive approach to digital marketing, etc. This is so going to be one for the archives . . .
- 1000 lb. Sentence(s): “The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.” – Bill Gates
Yeah, what he said. I love this quote because it references one of the big reasons we do things the way we do at Solutions 8.
We use automation whenever we build a client one of our powerful and (truthfully) elegant digital marketing strategies. As Infusionsoft Certified Partners, we not only have a keen understanding of the technology, but we’re also pros at creating optimal content to feed it.
What a waste it would be, then, if our non-automated processes weren’t properly streamlined. In fact, the plan we use in all our strategy builds is so organized and systematic that we view the whole thing as a living entity and liken it to human physiology.
We think it’s so nifty that we wanted to write a song about it, but instead we wrote a five-part blog series and made a really cool infographic. Enjoy.
- Win of the Week: This week we’ve got another amazing tale from our “SEO Files,” this one regarding a marvelous long-time client, who happens to be a major medical-device distributor. A year ago last week they asked us help them raise their Google ranking for several keyphrases.
Fast forward to now: not only are they in the top three spots for their principal keyphrase, but our client (who merely distributes) also outranks their own major manufacturers for almost every single relevant keyphrase!
If you’ve been in the distribution space at all, you know this is a huge deal.
Google trouble? Call me.
- Hot Tip: So you’ve come up with the greatest lead magnet of all time – now all you need is a landing page that’s worthy. Even though landing pages are meant to be brief and have only one simple purpose (prompting prospects to take the bait or exit), there is an art to crafting them. Here, this should help: 7 Essentials to Writing Irresistible Landing Page Copy
- Event I’d Kill to Attend: Gartner Digital Marketing Conference
Where:San Diego, CA
When: May 10-12, 2017
Tickets: Click for pricing.
Why: While I’m not sure I can make it, I’m drawn to this one for a couple of reasons: it’s geared toward senior marketing leaders (like me) and, while all 3 of its tracks intrigue me, I’m especially taken with the first, entitled “Differentiate with a Customer-First Mindset.” That’s very much in line with how Solutions 8 does business and I’d love to get some fresh perspective.Also, I have a soft spot for research/analytics and since the conference is presented by Gartner, “the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company,” most of the speakers are professional researchers and analysts. I don’t care what anyone says; that’s just exciting.
But there’s one “wild card” keynote I’d probably check out even if he was doing a solo gig; I’m talking about Platon, world-renowned photographer, master storyteller, human rights advocate, frequent contributor to The New Yorker, etc. He’s photographed everyone, from Obama to Putin, Spielberg to Schwarzenegger, and he’s going to discuss “Powerful Portraits: An Intimate Look at Humanity and Leadership.” If any of you go, I’d love to hear about it.
- 5-Minute Power Snack: If you own a business, you should have a website. And if you own a website, you should have an active blog. Easier said than done, right?
Well, maybe it’s not as hard as you think. Please avail yourselves of these tried and true methods to take the pain (and much of the work) out of writing a great blog: Can Bad Writers Make Great Blogs?
- Best-of-the-Week Outside Blog: Here’s a very quick, clever and fun read about “hindsight bias” from Tom Webster’s “Brand Savant” blog: But You Knew This Already.
Hindsight bias, a.k.a. our inherent need to force the events of the past to make some sort of sense so we can make bad predictions, is something we all suffer from and must continually fight against, especially in the field of digital marketing.
I like the quote he uses near the end, “He who sees the past as surprise-free is bound to have a future full of surprises.” – Amos Tversky, cognitive and mathematical psychologist and student of cognitive science
- One of the Good Ones: There’s a good chance you’ve heard of SmileTrain, since its mission is so important and its reach international. Solutions 8 is especially proud to support nonprofits that help children and this is one of the best.
Since 1999, SmileTrain has been providing free corrective surgeries to children with cleft lips and palates in 87 countries. The best thing? Their sustainable approach makes it possible for doctors in developing countries to receive the training, funding and resources to carry on this life-altering work indefinitely.
- The Thinker: “Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who’ll argue with you.” – John Wooden, legendary American basketball coach
P.S. If you have digital marketing questions or would like to learn more about our free audits, click here to schedule a call.
P.P.S. Ever since our inaugural “8 That Rate” email blast,subscribers have been sending back rave responses, traffic’s gone up and our brand is getting some new buzz. If that’s something you’d like to see happen for your company, let us know. We can create a custom weekly newsletter that speaks specifically to your subscribers, in your voice, about topics that would be of great interest to them and, ultimately, just get people excited about your brand.