Welcome back! Before I get started I just want to say “thank you” to those of you who’ve been reading and taking advantage of all the good stuff I’ve been serving up every week. And special thanks to those of you who’ve responded and provided feedback – it’s not only great to hear from you, it’s helpful too.
Hey ho, let’s go:
- 1000 lb. Sentence(s): “On the average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written your headline, you have spent eighty cents out of your dollar.” – David Ogilvy – the “Father of Advertising”
Truth. Click here for a few quick,but powerful, headline-writing tips.
- Win of the Week: I’ll issue a qualified apology here – in my last email, I already covered the fact that my new book, The 7 Critical Principles of Effective Digital Marketing, was recently published, so I’m sorry if I’m sounding a little redundant.
- “Kasim takes you through a thought provoking approach toward growing and maintaining your businesses’ electronic impact. I enjoyed the writing, as if spoken directly to me, and in a way that provided humor and amusement in what otherwise might have been very dry material.”
- “In the fast technology driven world – this book helps outline how to get the most out of it. The author relays information in an easygoing personal style that makes it easy to read and even easier to gain value from having read it.”
- “This is a fantastic book that will be helpful to anyone wanting to understand the key factors that drive digital marketing success. If the principles outlined in this book are followed closely, the success for businesses and organizations will be phenomenal.”
- Hot Tip: Are you one of those people who look down on WordPress because it’s so popular and relatively easy to use? Do you assume that “real” developers and site builders turn up their noses at its mere mention? Well, we’re real developers, site builders, marketing geniuses, tech wizards, etc. and we love it: Why We Use WordPress
- Event I’d Kill to Attend: Secret Knock 2.0
When: May 22 – 23, 2017
Where: Somewhere (?) in Los Angeles, CA
Tickets: Attendees must apply first and pay tuition if accepted – I’ve been told it’s expensive, but ultimately worth every penny.
Presented By: Greg Reid, Author. Speaker. Adventurer.
Why: I want to go both because of what I know and what I don’t know. I know that Greg Reid is amazing speaker (having shared the stage with him); that, according to Forbes, Secret Knock is a “can’t miss conference for entrepreneurs;” and that it gets rave reviews from practically everyone that’s ever attended.
I also know that guests who score an invitation to this limited-seat event will not only get to hear presentations from some of the world’s leading entrepreneurs and innovators, but they’ll also get to ask interact with them and pick their brains.
Past presenters have included:
- Brian Smith, Creator of UGG Australia
- Frank Shankwitz, Founder of Make A Wish
- Gary Goldstein, Producer, Pretty Woman, Under Siege, Mothman Prophesies
- Gene Landrum, Creator, Chuck E Cheese
- Michael Houlihanand Bonnie Harvey, Founders of Barefoot Wine
What I don’t know (and neither do ticketholders until the last minute), is the exact location and who will be presenting – attendees are surprised, but never disappointed. How cool is that!
- 5-Minute Power Snack: Have a favorite blogger? Someone who just gets it right and strikes a chord with you every time? Maybe you (or your kids) are obsessed with the antics of a favorite YouTube celeb. Meet the new “influencers.” Click here to read about the rising potency and cost-effectiveness of influencer marketing.
- Best-of-the-Week Outside Digital Marketing Blog: “Content Marketing Institute’s” blog, 6 Steps to Find the Perfect Content Marketing Pro, is a smart, thorough breakdown of the (sort of arduous) process behind identifying your content needs and then finding just the right person to deliver them. I sincerely hope you read it and then call me
- One of the Good Ones: This week we’re proud to feature “Boys Hope Girls Hope,” a nonprofit organization that helps circumstantially-challenged, academically-capable young people reach their full potential.
With sites in the both the U.S. and Latin America, BHGH places qualified students in “value-centered, family-like group homes” and provides them with support from primary or secondary education through college. A favorite among causes we’ve supported, we hope you’ll take the time to visit their site and see what they’re all about.
- The Thinker: “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” – George Bernard Shaw
And that’s a wrap – see you next week!
P.S. If you have digital marketing questions or would like to learn more about our free audits, click here to schedule a call.
P.P.S. Ever since our inaugural “8 That Rate” email blast, subscribers have been sending back rave responses, traffic’s gone up and our brand is getting some new buzz. If that’s something you’d like to see happen for your company, let us know. We can create a custom weekly newsletter that speaks specifically to your subscribers, in your voice, about topics that would be of great interest to them and, ultimately, just get people excited about your brand.